Global learning’s mission is to enhance Missouri S&T’s efforts by enriching the learner's experience and supporting faculty excellence to meet the needs of campus, professional, and global markets. Global learning strives to be a leader in the development, delivery and support of high quality education and training programs.
Global learning includes:
- Distance Education: offers nationally ranked graduate programs in business, engineering, science and technology. Go online to http://distance.mst.edu for a current list of graduate degrees and certificate programs offered through distance education. For more information, contact 573-341-6591, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Educational Technology: enhances education through instructional design, physical/virtual learning environments, and media services using the latest technologies. Contact 573-341-4131, email@example.com, or online at http://edtech.mst.edu/
- Missouri S&T Global - St. Louis: provides educational services to the greater St. Louis, Rolla, and distance locations. Contact 573-835-9822, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://global-stl.mst.edu/.
- Professional and Continuing Education: provides professional development opportunities through technical short courses, seminars and conferences, along with full service event planning and program development. Contact 573-341-6222, email@example.com, http://pce.mst.edu.
For further information, contact:
216 Centennial Hall
300 West 12th Street
Educational technology, located in 102 Centennial Hall, enhances education through instructional design, physical/virtual learning environments, and media services using the latest technologies.
EdTech instructional services:
- The instructional services team provides assistance in teaching strategies, consultations, and in pairing the best technology with teaching style.
- The learning environments group supports all the learning technologies available at S&T including the learning management system, access to discipline specific software, and many other types of instructional technology, both hardware and software.
EdTech media services:
- For those pursuing advanced degrees through distance education, EdTech offers an array of communication tools to extend the classroom beyond the campus
- Advanced coursework is live streamed over the internet, recorded and archived online for later access
- Studio classroom use for thesis defense and project presentation
- Video teleconferencing for project presentation to sponsoring companies and for student organizations meeting between campuses, or for job interviews
- Assistance in setting up, capturing, and converting research lab project videos for documentation and presentation