South Central Regional Professional Development Center
1100 W 10th Street, Suite E103 PCRMC Annex
Dr. Aaron Zalis (Director)
The South Central Regional Professional Development Center (SCRPDC) is a part of the statewide system of support for K-12 public school districts. The Center officially serves 63 school districts in the counties of Crawford, Dent, Franklin, Howell, Iron, Maries, Oregon, Phelps, Pulaski, Reynolds, Shannon, Texas, and Washington. As a part of a seamless statewide system of support, services provided by the center are available to surrounding regions as well. The Center’s programs and services are available free of charge to students and faculty in the Missouri S&T teacher education program, and are available at cost recovery only to all Missouri S&T faculty and staff.
The mission of SCRPDC is to "Build the Capacity of Educators through high quality professional learning to maximize student success.” The center delivers the following services to educators and leaders throughout the region:
- Implementing effective collaborative teaming processes focused on student learning;
- Collecting, analyzing, and using formative assessment data for decision-making;
- Developing and implementing rigorous student learning targets and learning tasks aligned to Missouri learning standards;
- Developing effective social/behavioral management systems;
- Selecting and implementing research-based highly effective teaching and learning practices;
- Developing and implementing quality formative and summative assessments;
- Developing and supporting effective leaders committed to teacher growth;
- Support for special education improvement and compliance based on research based effective practices;
- Support implementation of best practices relative to literacy development, including services for student with dyslexia;
- Developing and support highly effective teachers focused on implementation of effective instructional practices.
The Center strives to increase the performance of schools throughout the region by providing high quality profession learning with a sustained focus on increasing student learning. This work is delivered both regionally and on-site in schools, is research based, and if implemented with fidelity is designed to positively impact student achievement. In order to accomplish our mission, SCRPDC organizes and implements workshops, role-alike network groups, study groups, on-going school improvement initiatives, consultation, small and large group facilitation, coaching, observation/feedback, and technical support. The center serves in a leadership capacity for the professional learning throughout the region. Contact us at email@example.com, or visit our website at http://rpdc.mst.edu.