South Central Regional Professional Development Center
800 University Drive
Dr. Mary Ann Burns (Director)
The South Central Regional Professional Development Center (SCRPDC) is a part of the statewide system of support for K-12 public school districts. The Center officially serves 63 school districts in the counties of Crawford, Dent, Franklin, Howell, Iron, Maries, Oregon, Phelps, Pulaski, Reynolds, Shannon, Texas, and Washington. The Center also provides services to educators for some of the surrounding counties. The Center’s programs and services are available free of charge to students and faculty in the Missouri S&T teacher education program, and are available at cost recovery only to all Missouri S&T faculty and staff.
The mission of SCRPDC is to "Build the Capacity of Educators through high quality professional learning to maximize student success.” The center delivers the following services to educators and leaders throughout the region:
- Establishing collaborative cultures focused on learning; collecting, analyzing, and using formative assessment data for decision-making;
- implementing Missouri learning standards aligned to curriculum; developing effective social / behavioral systems;
- selecting and implementing research-based highly effective teaching and learning;
- developing and implementing quality formative and summative assessments; and,
- developing and supporting effective leaders committed to these priority areas.
The Center strives to increase the performance of schools throughout the region by providing high quality profession learning with a sustained focus on increasing student learning. This work is delivered both regionally and on-site in schools, is research based, and if implemented with fidelity is designed to positively impact student achievement. In order to accomplish our mission, SCRPDC organizes and implements workshops, role-alike network groups, study groups, on-going school improvement initiatives, and consultation and technical support. The center serves in a leadership capacity for the professional learning throughout the region. Contact us at email@example.com, or visit our website at http://rpdc.mst.edu.